Thursday, June 21, 2012

Meeting with Supermodel Emme




































Every girl is dreamed of becoming a model, some day...I was waiting, waiting, wait, oops...That day never came!;( I remember one of my best friends' mom used to tell me, if you choose the right lucky number, your dream will come true. My lucky number is 7. Well, I guess it probably should be 777....in Vegas;))



Iced green tea (Mint, sugar free, dairy free, 3 ingredients or less, 10 minutes recipe)
Daiquiri Fruit (stevia and green tea)
Mint muffin (banana, whole wheat flour, oat meal)
Fruit Kebab
Strawberry Smoothie (3 ingredients or less, strawberries, peanuts)
Kiwi Ginger smoothies
Banana Ginger Muffins
Banana Cookies (3 ingredients or less)
Whole Wheat Tortilla (Banana)
Whole Wheat Lemon Banana cake
Banana Orange Ice pop
Whole Wheat Banana Olive Oil Cake
Sunchokes soup 
Orange Matcha Ice Cream 
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
Stevia Recipe: Gingerbread men made with fresh ginger (Christmas recipe)
Whole Wheat Blueberry Green Tea Pancake
I had the honor to meet with Emme, the Supermodel, in NYC last Friday! It was exciting and fun! The story is very simple-we met online and decided to meet in person because we both love tea! I also love fashion !! Who doesn't! So when I said, we should meet. Emme said yes! OMG, I will meet with a Supermodel!!! Time to take out my lucky number;))





Emme is a TV host, author, world's leading full figured supermodel, columnist, a lovely mom, and the titles go on and on...

I like to meet with business women as there are always stories behind every business. What really amazed me is her courage of sharing her own life stories with everyone and the willingness to encourage and help others. Positivity is always contagious...

Emme shared her own life story on her website: Emmenation.com






















Life can really throw unexpected curveballs. Undoubtedly, the recent curveballs in my life have forced me to evolve to the point that I am now living a very different life than I once did. In May 2007, the news of my lymphatic cancer shook my world. I was of course faced with my own mortality, and concern for my family but I also faced the financial reality of my situation when my chemo schedule sidelined a TV hosting position that I had just accepted. Then the realization that my 18-year marriage was ending forced me to face the heartbreak and turmoil only a divorce can bring. With my then seven-year-old daughter as my priority, I resolved to face the challenges head on. "When the student is ready, the teacher comes." (Buddha)
 
 

















I boldly faced my fears of failure and success to step out of what had been my comfort zone for so many years. Today, I am cancer free, strong and proud of the new business I have built based on my personal life experiences during my ever-evolving inner revolution. EmmeNation, is dedicated to sharing what I have learned and continue to learn along the way and to building a forum for women to seek and share as well. EmmeNation offers women, who want to feel whole, the opportunity to be whole.



When Emme opened the door for me, she gave me the Zen style hand-shake;)) Her office is spacious and modern, which you can never guess from its entrance. It's located in SOHO area, a perfect location for fashion business. Emme is very beautiful, with a sunny and bubbly personality, great smile....Of course we talked about tea!! There are few boxes of tea in Emme's office. Guess which tea she likes: Ginger tea-helps improve immune system!

Emme started a new clothing line early this year (Congrats Emme!!). I know many people who are plus sizes have hard time to find the clothes that really fit. Emme's style and design would be a perfect choice, simply because she loves what she does. And she will do the best!























About Emme:
Born in New York City, Emme was raised in Saudi Arabia and returned to the US as a teenager.
Emme is an advocate for women of all ages to be fit and to live a healthy lifestyle while combating
societal and peer pressure to be something other than what comes naturally. For 20 years, Emme has
put women’s and children’s issues front and center. She was the first model to speak to these issues
before a congressional sub-committee in Washington, DC and continues to speak out about body
image issues and funding the arts in schools. She previously hosted Fashion Emergency on E! where
she gave fashion advice to women of all ages. Her "Simply Green with Emme" iVillage blog came
about from her brush with lymphatic cancer in 2007, pondering all things for the quest of green living
for herself and her family. Her column "Ask Emme" appeared monthly in Mode magazine in the 1990s.
Her first book, True Beauty—Positive Attitudes & Practical Tips from the World's Leading Plus Size
Model, was published in 1997. Her second book, Life's Little Emergencies: Everyday Rescue for
Beauty, Fashion, Relationships, and Life, was published in 2003, and she wrote her first children's
book What Are You Hungry For?, illustrated by Erik Brooks and published by Harper Collins, which
was released in the summer of 2007.

source via emmenation.com

No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...