Sunday, May 20, 2012

Healthy Recipes Quinoa Muffin: Stevia recipe, banana, quinoa, whole wheat

Quinoa Muffin Banana, quinoa, whole wheat flour, stevia recipe
It was a beautiful and productive weekend!! Wonderful weather! I felt happy as I got my surgery done last week!! My surgery was completed last Thursday, but I felt a bit of fever in Friday afternoon. So I decided to walk to CVS (couldn't drive as I was on medication) to get one thermometer. I could not believe it took me quite bit energy to walk back and forth, only less than 2 miles. I walked so slow that one guy stopped me,
Are you ok, mam?
did not want him to feel I'm too sick, I used all my energy said, yes!


Banana Ginger Muffins
Banana Cookies (3 ingredients or less)
Whole Wheat Tortilla (Banana)
Whole Wheat Lemon Banana cake
Banana Orange Ice pop
Whole Wheat Banana Olive Oil Cake

Sunchokes soup 
Mint Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Stevia recipes-Pumpkin bread No.1
Chinese Cheese Burger without cheese paired with Pu Erh Tea
Whole Wheat Gingerbread (stevia recipe)
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins (Stevia recipes)
Chocolate Chip Biscuits (Stevia recipe)
Whole Wheat Orange Biscuit for love (eggless, sugarless, vegan, dairyless)
easy chicken soup (Mothers day special, frozen chiken, carrots, and tomato)


Probably he saw me walking very very slow (felt dizzy from the painkillers. Took a bit milk of magnesium the night before. Did not eat much. I think I probably looked very pale as well), so he continued, do you have problems, mam?

now i'm a little bit panic as I do not know this guy and he kept asking me questions and following me around. I did not have much energy to talk. I said, yes! I was trying to scare him away and I think I did.
I heard he said, you know what, I gonna call police!

I could not  believe he called the police first!!! I was very much scared as I do not know how to prove to the police that I just had a surgery. I was on painkillers and did not bring any doctor's notes. Did not know if he called the police or not, but he turned to me, the police will be here in a minute and send you to jail, or hospital! I can not laugh!! It hurts so bad when laughing. stop stop stop it!! OMG! I felt the electrified pain!! I managed to hold my laugh and responded, Sir, I was just released from the hospital...he started running! ha!! He probably thought I was a drug addict...

Before my surgery, I knew I will need to have my food ready for the surgery. I actually was thinking to make some corn muffin, but did not have corn flour at home. Instead, I used quinoa. It was even better!!!

Benefits-Quinoa is rich in minerals!! Nutrition facts via self.com
Quinoa nutrition facts 1

Quinoa nutrition facts 2

Quinoa nutrition facts3

 Tea pairing-Green tea or Herbal tea 

Recipe is adapted from Joy of cooking
Ingredient A
 1 cup quinoa
1 cup whole wheat flour
2-1/2 tbsp stevia powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Ingredient B
1 egg white
1 oz olive oil
6 oz soy milk or milk (I used vanilla soy milk bought from costco)
3 ripe banana


Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Grease the mini muffin pan with olive oil then dust some dry flour.
2. Add 1/4 cup quinoa each time to a coffee grinder. Grind until you see consistent quinoa flour like.
3. In a medium bowl, add Ingredient B, soy milk/milk, banana, oil, egg white and mix together smoothly. I used hand blender.
4. In a large bowl, mix the ingredient A, quinoa flour, whole wheat flour, stevia powder, baking powder and salt. Pour the mixture of ingredient B into ingredient A and mix well.









4. Spoon the batter into the mini muffin cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out of clean.

Super de-lish!!!

No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...