Monday, January 9, 2012

Healthy Recipes-Whole Wheat Orange Biscuit for love (eggless, sugarless, vegan, dairyless)

















Tough Monday morning huh? Check this out: I was looking for GM Foods. Here's what I found on Wikipedia.org:

Fck You (GM foods or GMO foods) are foods derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Genetically modified organisms have had specific changes introduced into their DNA by genetic engineering techniques.

Well, obviously someone is not happy about it. Not sure how much he or she knows about English, but this person knows where to post the curse;)))







See the two brown bugs in my flour, the picture above? now they make me feel it's probably  safer to eat the flour;))) Did you notice that vegetables at the supermarket do not have bug bites any more?

My brother told me last time that he had to move to the US immediately. I asked why. 
Jane, I will get cancer very soon because all grains, rice, flour, vegetibles, etc here in China are GM foods (refers to Genetically Modified Foods or Genetically Modified Organisms), even the bugs and mices do not eat the rice and four I bought from the market.

Do you know which country manufacture the most GM Foods in the world? United States!! Here most of foods are GM Foods;(((

Really?

Yeah, really?!



I actually read some articles recently that some Chinese farmers use GM foods to feed their pigs and goats. These animals have some serious problems of getting pregnant, which create serious issue for the farmers. Farmers who use local foods for the pigs do not have this issue.

Anyway, Health=Wealth, especially now!!


I bought a stoneware-"The Haeger NaturalStone"baking tray whcih comes with a recipe book. This recipe is from that book. Again, I made few minor revision for myself.

Benefits: Easy to make, sugarless, eggless, dairyless (especially for people who are lactose intolerant)  low calories.

Tea pairing-Green or Herbal tea (light)

Ingredients A
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour and extra flours for the dough
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt


Ingredients B

4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
Orange zest from 1 medium orange



Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven 425F.
2. In a food processor, combine the ingredient A and pulse to mix it. I used my hands;)) Good exercise tho as I alway love to touch my foods!!
3. Grate Orange zest and mix all ingredients B together evenly.
4. Pour the ingredient B mixture into ingredient A mixture gradually until  the mixture forms large and moist dough. 




4. Tour the dough out onto a lightly foured work surface and knead gently a few times until it clings together. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 3/4 inch. Flour the Heart shape cookie/biscuit cutter and use it to cut out as many hearts as possible.
5. Transfer all the "hearts" to the lined baking tray, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 15-18 minutes.Take all the "hearts" out from oven and put them on a wire track to cook briefly.

Wanna get a bite;)) Bring your tea with you to NJ!!;))

No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...