Monday, November 7, 2011

Tea Lifestyle-Stevia recipes-Pumpkin bread No.1









I had no internet and phone for a few days because of the snow storm;(( Can you imagine how bad it was? I had to drive to the closest Fedex office everyday to check my emails.

Today I decided to give myself a treat, a real treat I always wanted!! I cooked some pumkins last night and had some left-overs. So I decided to make a Pumpkin Bread this morning. While baking the bread, a technician from Verizon, Joe, came in to fix the internet issue.

Joe could not resist the smell of the bread and started asking me questions. HAHAGIGIGAGA!! He was cute;))

Joe-Smells really good.
Me-Pumpkin bread
Joe-It smells like Pumpkin bread. He smiles
Me-I use stevia instead of sugar and all fresh ingredients for my cooking.
Joe-Used to eat a lot of sweet foods. That's why I'm fat (I do not think he is fat). Lost 50 lbs and was a pre-diabete. Used to go to McDonalds or Donkin Donuts 5 times a day because of my working schedules. Now my wife prepares meals for me at home.
Me-Well, this might be the perfect bread for you. No sugar added and I used some Whole Wheat in my bread. It tastes delicate. Try this Earl Gray Cranberry Jam I made (I was trying to sell my jam to Joe;))) with the bread.
Joe-It tastes really great with the Jam!

I was soo flattered that I decided to ask him to take half of the pumpkin bread home after done;)) He happily did it;)))

Benefits:
Low calories, Low Chalestrol, low fat, low salt, no sugar added. It tastes lightly sweet, delicate, smooth, subtle....and...yum yum!!

Traditional Chinese Medicine believes Pumpkin is good for the "Chi" in your body. It is rich in Vitamine A, and minerals such as Phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc

Pumpkin is good for eyes and skin. Pumpkin seeds can help prevent kidney stones (Phosphorus) and prostate cancer.

But avoid overeating it or eat it when you are taking Chinese medicine.

I got this recipe on All Recipes, but made few changes so that it not only tastes good, but also healthy healthy!











Ingredients (it makes roughly 1 loaf of bread) 

1/2 cup freshly cooked pumpkin puree
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup stevia (or adjusted per your preference)
2 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp light salt
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 tsp ground cloves


Directions:

1. Steam 1/2 Pumpkin* until cooked. Roughly 15 minutes. Then spoon the flesh out in a bowl. Mash it with a spoon. (I let the pumpkin cool down and mashed it with my hands. I love to touch my food and it's fun!!)
2. Preheat the over to 350 F. Greese and flour the 9x5 inch loaf pan.
3. Mix the Pumpkin puree, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, , eggs, stevia, and olive oil. Add all flour in and mix well.
4. Bake for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in center come out clean.

Food Paring:

You can eat the pumpkin bread with green tea, or herbal tea. It's great for afternoon tea. 

Tips:

1. *I used Butter Pumpkin, smaller in size and taste very smooth! When you steam pumkin, do it with skin. Afer the cooked pumpkin cool down, use spoon to get the flesh out. This is the laziest way to eat pumpkin without spending half hour to peal off the skin;)))

2. Pumpkin seeds-I do not like to waste any thing. I clean the pumpkin seeds and put it in a heated pan (no oil added) until cooked. The seeds are the perfect snack food. You can eat them with their shell!!! Good way to exercise your facial muscle, your draw;)))) HA!



6 comments:

Dionne said...

I don't normally like pumpkin in desserts - except in pumpkin bread! So I will have to give this a try!

Unknown said...

Hey Dionne, thank you so much for your note!! I visited your website which is very pretty!! loved it!

Pumpkin has natural sweetness, creamy with nice color (natural!! can not beat that!)

let me know how it goes!! Would love to know your feedback!!

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

I don't like pumpkin bread but I loved this! I usually double the recipe but I didn't since this was new to me. Everyone loved it and asked how they could make it! Defiently making another batch and this time I am going to triple the recipe. I am going to have to make this every Christmas.

Unknown said...

WOWOWOW!!!This is the best "gift" for holiday season-someone loves my recipe;))))I'm soo flattered!!!! I wanted to say "THANK YOU" for your comments!!

So glad you and your friends loved the recipe!! Nothing can make me happier when I can make other people happy!!!

Please continue to enjoy other recipes I create;))

Thanks.

Jackie said...

Trying this recipe out now...
Substituted:
- Whole wheat flour for Buckwheat flour
- Olive oil for Grapeseed Oil
Will report back with my findings! :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Jackie,
I like your ideas as well...let me know how it goes...I'm kind of person who likes everything light...so my bread doesn't have too strong sweetness. I also tend to use much less oil in case i over-eat;)) Sometimes I do...then i have to run extra miles;))

Anyway, let me know your findings!! Looking forward to your feedbacks;)

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...